revelations

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

It's been a hectic few days. Nov 3 was the first ever Digital Scrapbooking Day. Or, as hubby likes to call it National Timewasters Day (sigh - there's no convincing him).

Yes, I couldn't quite believe there was a DSD either but I took the opportunity to snag myself a few bargains (ok, a lot). Unfortunately, because of my timezone, I missed out on most of the fun &, because of my stupid computer (my nice shiny one hasn't arrived yet), I was unable to do any actual scrapping...but I still managed to get a bit of a scrapping hangover from all the browsing & it took me until today to finish downloading everything.

I am a happy scrapper.

Today is also the day the results of Stand Up & Scrap were announced. Congrats to all the worthy winners!

This also means I can now (finally) share my layouts. I'm not 100% happy with a few of them but it was all good practise & I had lots of fun (& I even got into the top 10 in Week 5!!). For each week's brief, check out the Stand Up & Scrap blog.



Week One Credits: Papers by Meredith Fenwick and Weeds & Wildflowers; Paper fold template & grunge overlay by Vera Lim; Sparkly star embellishment & overlay by Christina Renee; Flourish brush from deviantArt; Star doodle (heavily altered & used as a brush) by Weeds & Wildflowers; Font: Just Me Again Down Here.



Week Two Credits: Papers by Weeds & Wildflowers, Tracy Lee, Lori Barnhurst, & Miriam Lima (altered significantly from original & used as overlay); Overlay by Michelle Coleman (altered from original); Fonts: Dali & Rub This!



Week Three Credits: Paper, overlay (altered) & acrylic lettering by Michelle Coleman; Font: Rub This!



Week Four Credits: Papers by Andrea Burns (recoloured) & Zoe Pearn (recoloured); Overlays by Carla Gibson (altered slightly from original) & Michelle Coleman; Tear templates by Vera Lim; Brushes by Nancie Rowe Janitz & from DeviantArt; Stitching by Lori Barnhurst & Lisa Whitney (recoloured & altered from original); Glitter splats by Amber Clegg (recoloured); String by Michelle Coleman (altered from original); Staples by Christina Renee; Alpha by Christina Renee (recoloured); Font: 1942 Report.



Week Five Credits: Overlays/frames by Vera Lim & Michelle Coleman; Fonts: Pea Sue's Print & Prissy Frat Boy.



Week Six Credits: Flowers by Weeds & Wildflowers and Andrea Burns; Embellishments by Nancie Rowe Janitz, Heather Ann Melzer & Lisa Whitney; Paper by Meredith Fenwick; Fonts: Flores, Dali & Aleia.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

gorgeous layouts! congratualtions on a job well done!

Anonymous said...

Cool, you were in SUAS too ;-) Great layouts, didn't you just love that challenge ? It was hard sometimes (well, most of the time LOL), but I am so glad I completed them all. I didn't reveal myself just yet on my blog, but I will one of the next days. Cause me too, I am really proud of the six layouts I made !

Connie Prince said...

All of your SUAS layouts are SO gorgeous, so many of them were on my list of personal favorites too!! It's SO cool to know who it was creating them :)

Anonymous said...

You should be very proud of yourself, especially for someone who said she hdn't scrapped much before this. And you placed in the last week (and rightfully so!). Fantastic job!!!

Theresa Marie said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you haven't scrapped much! You should be SO very proud of yourself! You were one of my FAVES!!! I actually LOVED 3 of your layouts! (weeks 2,4 and 5) You did fabulous!