endings, beginnings & blue screens

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Well...SUAS has finished. It was a fun, sometimes mentally taxing 6 weeks...& I even lost my mojo along the way (but it has since found it's way home). But I'm really glad I participated. I even got in the top 10 once! Judging finishes next week & after that we are free to post up our layouts - so stay tuned.

A few other things have happened in the last few weeks. I've been invited to join two creative teams: K-Joi Studios and Ruby Rynne. I've also done a page for She's Full of Scrap (I was going to do more but I've been having computer issues - see below). Here's the layout:



Credits: all items from Two Solitudes kit by She's Full of Scrap; template by Andrea Gold (altered from original)


As I mentioned above, I've been having computer issues. In other words, it has died a million blue-screens-of-death. I can't open Photoshop without it freezing. Heck, I can't send an email without it freezing. Sometimes I am lucky enough to get 5 minutes of scrapping done before it dies. It took me a week to do the page above.

Hubby & I have bought new computers. I'm getting a shiny new 24" IMac. It's purrrty. But it hasn't arrived yet & the shop we got them from seems to be a bit confused as to when Apple will deign them with the honour of new supplies. So we're considering cancelling the order & getting them from Apple directly. All this means is that my scrapping gratification must be delayed. Which is very frustrating.

0 comments: