competition break

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Well, it's been a few weeks. Stand Up & Scrap has been taking up most of my scrapping time & I haven't wanted to do anything else because it's a bit distracting when you're trying to concentrate on producing a particular layout.

We're only halfway through the competition. It's been great so far but I've felt quite intimidated by the level of brilliance displayed in the other layouts. I feel very humbled. Which is not a bad thing.

Unfortunately, I can't post my completed layouts yet because the anonymous aspect of SUAS means if I revealed them to you, I'd have to kill you afterwards. So you'll have to wait for another 3 weeks when it's all over & I can post them.

However, I do have something to show you today. I was playing with some recent acquisitions (a scrap comp is such a good enabler) because I felt in a bit of a black hole after posting my last SUAS layout for some reason. So I wanted to do something that was quick & unrestricted...& I wanted to go back to using a template for a bit of fun. Templates are so good - you don't really have to think to use them. And the results are quick & easy (& don't look half bad). So here's something I whipped up tonight:



Credits: Papers by Jodie Patterson and Weeds & Wildflowers; Button swirls by Nina Scraps (altered from original); Frame by Doreen Stolz; Based on Template by Shandy Vogt (altered from original).

0 comments: