lengthy

Saturday, September 8, 2007

This post is going to be a bit long. I thought I'd start with a few layouts I've done in the last month or so. I'm having a bit of a template frenzy at the moment. Maybe I'm just being lazy but I really like the finished result. And there are so many nice ones out there!



First up, we have a layout I did with the Friday Freebie over at Digital Freebies. I love the colours in the Aidan Again bonus kit. Very restful.


Credits: Credits: Template by Andrea Gold (altered from original); kit by retrodiva



Then we have another layout I did at Digital Freebies, this time for Maree's monthly photo challenge. September's theme is big expressions.

In the photos I used, Wee Man was having a day where all his smiles involved lots of wide-mouthed grins & yelling. The resulting photos always remind me of someone doing the haka...& the fact he's wearing a wee All Blacks T-shirt just reinforces that image. I've included the words for the old All Black's haka (Ka Mate) in the background paper. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, a haka is a type of Maori dance, typically done before going into battle (& done by the All Blacks before a game)...& the All Blacks are New Zealand's rugby team.


Credits: Template by Simply Sarah Designs (altered); Papers by Mermaid's Haven, Sasha Jane Designs, Gina Huff, Sandra Krieger, Kate Hadfield, and Shabby Princess; Frame by Jessica Sprague; Font: impact



This next layout was done as part of Challenge Wednesday at DSSA (on their blog). The challenge? To write a letter to your younger self. And yes, that's a photo of me :)


Credits: Template by Colleen Brady; Papers by Lisa Witney & Alexa B.; Embellishments by SJM (sorry - unsure who this was now) & Pillowgirl (altered from original); Alpha by Leah Riordan; Journal block by Gina Huff; Font: Roddy.



The next ones are older again. These four layouts were done during a couple of cybercrops at Scrapbooking Top 50 (Australia), so they have certain guidelines that need to be followed for each layout.


Credits: Papers by Linda Gill Billdat & Retrodiva (Tracy Collins) (altered from original); Frame by mzpimptress; Embellishments & journalling spots by Shabby Princess, Mermaid's Haven, LaWanna Desjardin & Tracy Drane; Brush from seishido.biz; Fonts: freak, virgin, Barbarjowe Pisanki, & 1942 report



Credits: Papers by Leah Riordan; Embellishments by Pam Lefars Designs & Weeds & Wildflowers (altered); Font: Yank



Credits: Papers by Shabby Princess; Wordart by Rhonna Farrer; Embellishments by Weeds & Wildflowers, Amber Clegg, Sausan Designs & from Digital Scrapbook Place; Frames by Shabby Princess (altered) & Princess Pamela



Credits: Papers by Jill D-Zines, Rhonna Farrer (heavily altered), & mzpimptress; Embellishments by Shabby Princess, mzpimptress, & from Digital Scrapbook Place; Wordart from Digital Scrapbook Place



This layout was for nothing in particular - I was just playing with some photos I'd taken of Wee Man. It's also the last layout I did in Paint Shop Pro (I use Photoshop CS3 now).


Credits: Template by Colleen Brady (altered from original); Papers by Mermaid's Haven, & Shabby Princess (heavily altered from original); Wordart from Digital Scrapbook Place; Brush by Jan Crawley ("Queen of Quirk")



And, finally, here's a LO of Wee Man & my hubby using Tasha's amazing Aquastatic template.


Credits: Template by Tasha Stanton; Papers by Shabby Princess, Tracy Drane, and from Digital Scrapbook Place; Alphas from Digital Scrapbook Place; Stamp by Shabby Princess; Font: Dali


Those are just some of my layouts from the gallery thus far. There are heaps more (mostly older) but they'll do for now - this post is already more than long enough!

0 comments: