long time, no see

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wow...it's been a wee while since I last posted something (although not as long as on my personal blog...ooops!). Life gets a bit busy round here sometimes :)

We're now halfway through ADSR. Time has gone so quickly! The challenges have been fun & I've particularly enjoyed the last two: they focussed on journaling, which is not something I tend to do a lot of. But they were a blast to do & I've definately been inspired to do more (journaling, that is). I'm going to post my ADSR layouts thus far in a separate post.

Here's a look at some of the layouts I've been doing recently:

This LO was done as part of the wonderful classes over at DSAG. I have to confess, I was naughty & didn't do all my homework (I've been sooooo busy this month!!) but this was one I did manage to complete - using text on the background page, etc. I just love Jophia's beautiful papers & Nichole Van's photo actions are simply to die for - they make a very ordinary photo look super-yummy with very little other processing required. The text round the edge & in the background is from the song "Precious" by Annie Lennox.



Credits: Paper & embellishments by Jofia Devoe; Alpha by Doreen Stolz; Text path by Jen Caputo; RAW preset by Nicole Van; Fonts: Olho de Boi, The Blue Cabin, Prissy Frat Boy



The end of February featured a fun little game over at DST: the Trash to Treasure Hunt. Participating designers had a few little goodies avail for free...if you could find them! Participants were then asked to create a LO with some of the goodies they had snagged. Of course, I had to do something about my own wee treasure: Wee Man. The journaling reads: My Greatest Treasure (where your treasure is, there your heart will lie also).



Credits: Paper by Heather Manning (with text overlay); Overlays by K-Joi Designs & Jofia Devoe (altered from original...not in T2T); Frame by Dawn Wilson; Swirls by Sherrie Piegdon & April Staker (altered from original); Flowers by Broken Jar Creations & Blush Butter; Fonts: Unnamed Melody, Seraphim, The King & Queen Font, & Dali



The next three LOs are CT LOs for K-Joi. Yummy templates by Dragon's Lair Designs & a divine kit by mlwCustom Designs...such fun :) I should point out, the first LO looks really simple...but I played with the photo for absolutely ages - the original is very poor & the light Wee Man is reaching for is actually a lot smaller. All I can say is - yay for blending modes!!!



Credits: Wish & Believe kit by mlwCustom Designs (available at K-Joi Studios).



Credits: Template by Dragon's Lair Designs (avail at K-Joi Studios); Papers by Jofia Devoe & Jennie Papai; Overlay by K. Pertiet (altered from original); Embellishments by Jofia Devoe; Fonts: Pea Beth R & 1942 Report



Credits: Template by Dragon's Lair Designs (avail at K-Joi Studios); Wish & Believe kit by mlwCustom Designs (available at K-Joi Studios); Font: The King & Queen Font



I did this last LO last year. It was submitted to a couple of magazines but, since I haven't heard back from them, I think it's probably safe to post it now. I loved it at the time but I think my work has improved a lot since then. It looks a bit unfinished to me.



Credits: Paper by Christina Renee; Embellishments by Berna Datema & Jofia Devoe; Font: sandals

0 comments: