we don't need no education

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back to school I go :)

In a bid to improve my layouts, I've enrolled in a couple of classes. I'm currently participating in two fantastic classes over at Digital Scrapbook Artisan Guild - Intro to Layout Design and Introduction to Typography & Journaling. And next week Jessica Spragues' Now We're Rockin' class begins (which I'm also enrolled in).

I'm always hard on myself, I know...but there is a lot of room for improvement on my LOs & I want to break my love affair with templates. I want my LOs to allow me to be creative...not dictate how I should be placing my papers. I also want to improve my currently non-existant journaling. So the typography class will help that a lot.

This is my homework from week 1...the title is from the typography class, the LO itself from the LO Design class. I just love this precious photo of Wee Man on his first birthday (which is just after christmas) & Ruby's Joyeaux Noel kit works really well with it - subtle & festive all at once:



Credits: Paper & embellishments from Joyeaux Noel kit by Ruby Rynne; Fold template by Vera Lim; Fonts=Seeing Stars, You are Loved, Century Gothic, & Enchanted Prairie Dog

0 comments: