the race continues

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

So I thought I'd better update my ADSR layouts. This week is the last week. Unfortunately, due to unforeseeable circumstances, my partner was unable to get her last LO up in time, so was disqualified. So I've found another partner to finish the race with. Below are my LOs so far. Only two more to go!

Challenge Five was to create a LO featuring an interview with an inanimate object. I chose Wee Man's Cat in the Hat toy. All the cat's answers are lines from "The Cat inthe Hat" & "The Cat in the Hat Comes Back" by Dr. Seuss. I don't particularly like the way this LO has turned out...but it fulfilled the race requirements. So it has done it's job (I'm just unlikely to print it out).



Credits: Paper by Graziela Mendes (altered); Overlay by Michelle Coleman (altered); Fonts: Adobe Caslon Pro, Grinched, & Arial



Challenge Six was a roadblock where only one person had to do it. Tinkerbel73 did this challenge - scraplifting a LO by your partner & doing the opposite theme. I got a bit of time off :)


Challenge Seven was split into two...one person had to do one & the other had to do the other challenge. The one I did was to write a letter to yourself when you were 17 but you also had to use an huge list of different amounts of papers & embellishments & no more than 2 items per designer. And the LO had to be "clean" & have lots of white space. A fun challenge...yay for having a large digi stash!



Credits: Papers by Creative Confusion, Vera Lim, Julie Kelley, Danielle Engebretson, Amanda Rockwell, Gypsy Chick, & Graziela Mendes; Overlay by Vera Lim; Embellishments by Bren Boon, Broken Jar Creations, Cafe Digi, Christina Renee, Cori Gammon, Flergs, Jeannie Papai, Jessica Bolton, Jofia Devoe, Kim Christensen, Kirsty Wiseman, Leora Sandford, Lindsay Jane Designs, Lisa Whitney, Michelle Coleman, Michelle Underwood, Miss HuniBuni, Misty Cato Designs, Nikki Painter, Nina Scraps, Ruby Rynne, Weeds & Wildflowers, WenchD Grafix; Fonts: Rhino Dino & Arial



Challenge Eight was to create a LO about travel but to use a B&W photo & to not have any travel papers, etc, on the LO. We also had to incorporate lyrics somewhere on the LO & only have a one-word title. The photo I used was actually taken on our first trip to Melbourne in 2002 but I thought it was quite fitting as a representation of our final trip to Melbourne, when we moved here permanently from New Zealand. I incorporated lyrics from "Leaving on a Jetplane" by John Denver & added my own to change the verse to being about my trip.



Credits: Template by Emily Powers (heavily altered from original); Papers by Gypsy Chick, Aja Abney, Nikki Painter, and Wendyzine scraps; Overlay by Michelle Coleman; Alpha by Melissa Bennett; Butterflies & star overlays (altered) by Jofia Devoe; Font: Pea Kareen



Challenge Nine was easy - to create some altered art. I did an ATC using some cute butterflies by Christina Renee that I was RAKed with.



Credits: Papers, crown, key, lock and butterflies by Christina Renee (butterflies from her Flutterflies collection avail soon!); Lady from Dover Designs; Tear templates by Jen Caputo



Challenge Ten was similar to Challenge Seven & was also a roadblock (so, as Tinks had done the last one, I did this one). The theme was about our future hopes, dreams & plans & we had to scrap a LO using 50 different embellishments from at least 10 different designers. I wanted to keep it as uncluttered as possible.



Credits: Credits: Paper by Nikki Painter; Overlay by Michelle Coleman; Embellishments by Valerie Fowler (recoloured), Weeds and Wildflowers, Jofia Devoe, Janet Lynn Brokken, Flergs, Julie Mead, Andrea Burns, Michelle Underwood, Christina Renee, Cori Gammon, Sherri Tierney, Theresa H. Hernandez, Nikki Painter, Stephanie Ogren, Ruby Rynne, Unnamed (from "Cottage Chic" collab kit at Elemental Scraps); Alpha by Luiza Garay; Fonts: The King and Queen Font, Pea Kareen, Eight Fifteen, 1942 Report, & Arial

0 comments: